Accounts Semi Senior
We are seeking a highly organised and detail-oriented Accounts Assistant to join our team in Lancaster. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with various financial tasks and ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of tax returns, financial statements, bookkeeping, and VAT returns.
- Assisting with the preparation of tax returns: The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for gathering and organising requisite financial data related to income, expenses, deductions, and credits to prepare tax returns accurately and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Financial statement preparation: The successful candidate will assist the finance team in the preparation of accurate and error-free financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements. Attention to detail and solid understanding of accounting principles will be crucial in ensuring the reliability and accuracy of these statements.
- Bookkeeping: The Accounts Assistant will maintain accurate and up-to-date records of financial transactions, including accounts payable and receivable, general ledgers, and payroll records. Proficiency in accounting software and strong organisational skills will be important in this role.
- VAT returns: The successful candidate will prepare and submit regular VAT returns, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Familiarity with VAT concepts, rates, and thresholds will be essential in ensuring accurate and timely submissions.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a similar role: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in an accounts assistant or similar position. This experience should include exposure to tax return preparation, financial statement preparation, bookkeeping, and VAT returns.
- Proficiency in tax return and financial statement preparation: The Accounts Assistant must possess strong knowledge of tax laws and regulations, as well as the ability to navigate through complex tax forms and schedules. They should also have a solid understanding of financial statement preparation, including the ability to analyse financial data and generate accurate reports.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping: The successful candidate should have a solid understanding of bookkeeping principles and practices, including recording financial transactions, reconciling accounts, and maintaining accurate records using accounting software.
- Familiarity with VAT returns: The Accounts Assistant must have knowledge and experience in preparing VAT returns, including understanding VAT rules, rates, and thresholds. They should be able to accurately calculate VAT liability and input/output tax, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills: The ideal candidate should possess excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. They should be able to prioritise tasks, manage deadlines, and maintain accuracy and efficiency in their work.
- On site parking
- Working from home allowance
- Continuous CPD training throughout the year
- One subscription per annum to your membership body eg ICAEW/ACCA
- Health insurance
Hours of work Monday – Friday 8.45am – 5pm (36.25 hours per week) however part time would also be considered